Friday 8 July 2011

Communication Apps

Today I watched the Elluminate tutorial about Communication Apps. After the tutorial, I found I was left with conflicting emotions. I was excited to know that app developers are creating amazing apps to support students and adults with speech language challenges. I was also horrified to see the prices of some of these apps. The people who require this support should not be additionally burdened with such high costs.

I plan on installing four free apps to check out: Chronological Age Calculator, Aphasia, Apraxia and iSign lite.  

I have also added a YouTube video showing a little boy being able to communicate very effectively with his iPad.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree Catherine, some of the prices are quite high. However, for AAC apps like Proloquo2go $189.00 is low compared to what you get and the price of other AAC devices (often > $5000.00!!!). The package for an AAC device with an iPod Touch and P2go is under $500.00. You can't beat that !!

    Glad you enjoyed the webinar

    ReplyDelete