Thursday 7 July 2011

Illuminating Elluminate!

Today I had the chance to view a few Elluminate sessions. One was "Apps for Children with Disabilities" and the other was "Apps in Action for Reluctant Readers". I was aware of some of the excellent apps, but I did learn about a few new ones. 

  • I didn't realize that Starfall had an app for the iPad. I have the website with students on computers, but the opportunity to have them on the iPad is fantastic! 
  • I tried out the Pictello app and found it extremely easy to use. I will definitely be using this app with students. 
  • I didn't realize there was an app that works with Daisy. I want to investigate this specific app further next year with some students. 
  • I tried the Image to Speech app and wasn't thrilled with the result. I might have to take pictures of documents with a better quality camera first to be able to have the app work to its full potential. 

Very exciting apps for all students!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment